Last year, we took the girls (for the third time) and they had an absolute blast! (You can read the full review of our visit to Santa's Village here: http://thismomloves.blogspot.ca/2013/07/win-family-pass-to-santas-village.html)
Did you know:
• Santa’s Village is the oldest and the largest attraction in the Muskoka Region, drawing families, cottagers, youth groups, schools and many others to the region each year
• It’s Santa’s one and only Canadian summer home - visitors can meet and chat with him all summer long
• Santa’s Village offers amazing attractions for kids of all ages, including a roller coaster, riverboat and train rides, merry-go-round, petting farm, splash pad, beach, playgrounds, inflatable bouncers, arcade, paddle boats, and more
• It’s celebrating its 59th magical season
• It is Bracebridge’s premier destination for kids of all ages, having welcomed almost 6 million visitors since opening in 1955
• Santa’s Village averages 100,000 visitors a year; and
• It sits on the 45th parallel, halfway between the North Pole and the equator
Right next door to Santa's Village is their Sportsland (with free admission), for those who no longer experience the magic of Christmas quite the same way as the little ones. Sportsland offers fun pay-as-you-play activities, including go karts, batting cages, laser tag, mini golf, a bungee trampoline, and an arcade pavilion.
New this year at Santa's Village: An awesome aerial park! Their newest memory-making adventure, Muskoka Tree Trekking and Zip-Lines at Santa’s Village, offers beginner, intermediate and advanced courses for adventure seekers 9+, 54 inches tall and less than 250 lbs. The aerial park includes zip-lines (some as long as 106+ metres/350 feet), monkey lines, wobbly and flipping bridges, balance beams, Tarzan ropes, and a climbing wall. All this at 3-15 metres (10-50 feet) above Santa’s Village’s famous whispering pines.
For those who have further to drive - or, unlike me, actually like camping - Santa's Whispering Pines campground has been voted the best campground in Muskoka for three years in a row, and I know several families that have taken advantage of its location right across from Santa's Village.
So...have I convinced you that this is a must-see for young families? While their prices are reasonable, wouldn't FREE be even bettter?
Thanks to Santa's Village, I'm giving away a free family pass for 4 to visit them anytime during the 2014 season!
To enter, simply leave your email address below, with extra entries for following This Mom Loves and Santa's Village on social media. The contest will run until Saturday, July 26th at 11:59 p.m. Eastern, after which time a winner will be chosen through random number generation. Good luck, and...Merry Christmas?
Pssst: since I know you want those bonus entries, sign up here first:
This Mom Loves on Twitter
This Mom Loves on Facebook
Santa's Village on Twitter
Santa's Village on Facebook