Other than Maggie's bedroom, there was only one room left in the house that hadn't been repainted since we first built in 2003, which was the main bath. Over the past 11 years I've switched up some accessories, but nothing major, and I was ready for a change!
I saved up my freelance money for the entire year to be ready to foot the bill(s) for a bathroom renovation...and here's how it went:
- sage green colour (I believe the actual name was "Raintree Green")
- single, basic vanity and light
- builder's grade trim and fixtures
No, there was nothing "wrong" with it, other than being outdated, but if you have the means (definitely money, but also energy and patience) I think keeping your home up-to-date is a good investment. It's not just about vanity...so to speak!
(Notice the cheap-looking white kickplate? When we took the vanity out - and sold it on Kijiji-
we realized the oak-looking side was on the back. It had been installed backwards.)
- "Grey Tabby" paint colour
- double vanity from Anden Kitchen and Bath (the girls are still young but we're thinking ahead to having two teenagers getting ready at the same time), white shaker style with quartz countertop and rectangular sinks
- all chrome fixtures (faucets, lights, even the vent cover)
- new chandelier for ceiling (all lighting from Canadian Tire)
- double mirrors: we actually had our original rectangular mirror cut into two ovals at the local glass shop for a labour cost of $30! Purchasing the chrome holders definitely brought the cost up though.
- sheet vinyl floor, dark grey offset rectangular pattern
- new crown moulding
- additional trim around window and door frame
- higher baseboard trim
- new artwork (really high-end: my husband bought it for me last Christmas at a cost of $20 - doesn't it tie everything together so nicely?)
- new shower curtain from Target
Now the photos:
I'm a bit jealous that the girls now get to use this washroom, while hubby and I share single sink and vanity!
There you have it - the big reveal of our new bathroom.
If you were interested in this post, you might want to check out our ensuite bathroom facelift or perhaps our laundry room reno.
The girls' bedroom reveals are coming up in the next couple of weeks as well so stay tuned for that!